Hi! I am Eddie, a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Vienna, in the Microbial Oceanography research group. I'm a marine biologist by training with self-acquired expertise in computer and data sciences. My research approach is founded on the idea that large scale biological phenomena in the ocean originate in the smallest scale processes. As a result, I'm a disciplinary nomad that combines in his research fundamental microbiology, microbial ecology, biogeochemistry and oceanography.
My current and past research topics include the following:
- Interactions between marine microbes
- Extracellular vesicles (EVs) in the marine environment
- Particle-associated marine microbes
- Arctic bacterioplankton diversity
- Microbial response to jellyfish blooms